All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.25Trending at £10.96
- £26.45Trending at £27.73
- £11.12Trending at £13.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.96
- £10.89Trending at £12.26
- £18.09Trending at £19.16
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- DescriptionComprehensive and fully up to date coverage of course content with an overview of current issues and approaches in Early Childhood Studies.
- Author BiographyRod Parker-Rees is the co-ordinator of Early Childhood Studies and joint programme director for the BA (Hons) ECS at the University of Plymouth, where he also helped to develop the Early Childhood Studies Specialist pathway on the Bed and the BA (Hons) degree in ECS. Before he taught three to five year-old children in Bristol and conducted research with the National Primary Centre (South West). His research interests centre on playfulness, early communication and the role of young children as active social agents. Dr Caroline Leeson is Associate Professor in Early Childhood Studies at Plymouth University. She has particular interests in the welfare of looked after children, children's centre leadership and reflective practice and enjoys working with students towards their goal of being strong advocates for young children and their families. Her research interests are in social justice; children with a parent in prison; children who go missing and/or are vulnerable to sexual exploitation and the involvement of children in decision making processes. She is also active in researching the articulation of leadership in early years settings. Before working in higher education she worked as a social worker in child protection, fostering and adoption and was the leader of a family centre for a period of time. This experience proved particularly profound as she learnt the importance of communication, collaboration and the joy of spending time in the home corner making stone soup. Dr Jan Savage was joint co-ordinator of Early Childhood Studies at the University of Plymouth until August 2005, and helped to create the specialist pathway on the B Ed and BA (Hons) degree in ECS. Shehas always been interested in promoting an inter-disciplinary collaborative approach to Continued Professional Development work in Early Years. She is currently working as a tutor on the national leadership programme for Children Centre leaders, deputies and others across professional boundaries (NPQICL). Jenny Willan teaches on modules with a focus on research methodology. She previously worked in educational research at the University of Cambridge and the National Foundation for Educational Research. She has worked on children's writing, gender studies and teacher action research.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/06/2010
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEarly Childhood Studies Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Out-of-print date15/06/2015
- Content Note1 Illustrations
- Weight536 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCaroline Leeson,Jan Savage,Jenny Willan,Rod Parker-Rees
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.