All listings for this product
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £9.96Trending at £12.76
- £32.42Trending at £35.28
- £23.37Trending at £23.70
- £10.03Trending at £15.48
- £15.45Trending at £18.15
- £11.02Trending at £11.27
- £6.75Trending at £7.97
About this product
- Description* Assembles the key texts from the most significant and influential philosophers of the early modern era to provide a thorough introduction to the period. * Features the writings of the major philosophical, scientific, and political thinkers of the time, including Descartes, Hobbes, Leibniz and Spinoza.
- Author BiographyA. P. Martinich is the Roy Allison Vaughan Centennial Professor of Philosophy and Professor of History and Government at the University of Texas at Austin. He is the author or editor of many books, including Hobbes (2005), Philosophical Writing (3rd edn., 2005), and The Philosophy of Language (5th edn., 2007). Fritz Allhoff is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Western Michigan University. His main areas of research are ethical theory, applied ethics, and the philosophy of biology/science. His work has been published in, among other places, the American Journal of Bioethics, the Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics, History and Philosophy of the Life Sciences, the International Journal of Applied Philosophy, and the Kennedy Institute of Ethics Journal. Anand Jayprakash Vaidya is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at San Jose State University. His research is in metaphysics, epistemology, and philosophy of mind.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/12/2006
- Series TitleBlackwell Readings in the History of Philosophy
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight586 g
- Width172 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAl P. Martinich,Anand Jayprakash Vaidya,Fritz Allhoff
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.