Save on Society & Education
- £27.53Trending at £28.67
- £22.30Trending at £28.99
- £27.92Trending at £30.56
- £26.50Trending at £28.76
- £13.15Trending at £15.61
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £29.97
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/11/2014
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Early Childhood Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 3 black & white halftones, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMonica Lourenco,Sandie Mourao
- Table Of ContentsForeword Madalena Cruz-Ferreira Introduction Sandie Mourao and Monica Lourenco Part 1: Focus on the Child Cognitive and Linguistic Aspects of Learning a Second Language in the Early Years Belma Haznedar Bilingual Pre-primary Schools: Language Acquisition, Intercultural Encounters and Environmental Learning Kristin Kersten Perceptions of Identity in Trilingual 5-year-old Twins in Diverse Pre-primary Educational Contexts Nayr Ibrahim Response to Picturebooks: A Case for Valuing Children's Linguistic Repertoires During Repeated Read Alouds Sandie Mourao Multilingual Becoming in Reading: A Picture Storybook-reading-assemblage in Early Years Education Anna Bylund and Polly Bjork-Willen Part 2: Focus on the Classroom Approaches Early Language Learning in Cyprus: Voices from the Classroom Sophie Ioannou-Georgiou Introducing French to Pre-primary Children in the North East of England: The Narrative Format Approach Jim McElwee Languages and Diversity in Pre-primary Education: Towards a Broader and Integrated Approach Monica Lourenco and Ana Isabel Andrade Active Listening for Second Language Learning in the Early Years Teresa Fleta The Role of Technology in Early Years Language Education Barbara Hoskins Sakamoto Part 3: Focus on Teachers and Parents Pre-primary English Language Learning and Teacher Education in the Czech Republic Monika Cerna Pre-primary Second Language Education in Slovakia and the Role of Teacher Training Programmes Zuzana Portikova Measuring Empathy and Teachers' Readiness to Adopt Innovations in Second Language Learning Ekaterina Sofronieva Family Involvement in Second Language Learning: The Bilfam Project Sabine Pirchio, Traute Taeschner, Anca Cristina Colibaba, Elza Gheorghiu and Zlatica Jursova Zacharova Supporting Parents in Building Learning Activities in Another Language Alexander Sokol and Edgar Lasevich
- Author BiographySandie Mourao is an independent scholar, teacher educator, author and educational consultant specializing in early years language education. Monica Lourenco is an Invited Assistant Professor at the Department of Education, University of Aveiro, Portugal, with a special interest in early years plurilingualism.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.