All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEarth System History remains the only text for the historical geology module written from a truly integrated earth systems perspective, combining the physical and biological history of Earth. The thoroughly updated new edition includes new coverage on mass extinctions and climate change, plus improved organization based on the geologic timescale.
- Author BiographySteven M. Stanley is a research professor in Paleobiology at the University of Hawaii, USA. Dr. Stanley has written three previous editions of Earth System History and a total of three editions of its predecessors, Earth and Life Through Time and Exploring Earth and Life Through Time. He has been elected to the National Academy of Sciences and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and has received a Guggenheim Fellowship and numerous awards, including the Paleontological Society Medal, the James H. Shea Award of the National Association of Geoscience Teachers (for books authored), the Mary Clark Thompson Medal of the National Academy of Sciences, the Twenhofel Medal of the Society of the Society for Sedimentary Geology, and the Penrose Medal of the Geological Society of America. John A. Luczaj is a field geologist and currently chair of the Geoscience unit in the Department of Natural and Applied Sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, USA. Dr. Luczaj has conducted research on hydrothermal dolomitization, fluid-inclusions in minerals, groundwater geochemistry and aquifer recovery, geologic mapping, geomorphology, and Holocene cave deposits. One of his most important contributions was the first successful dating of diagenetic dolomite using the U-Pb method.
- Author(s)John A. Luczaj,Steven M. Stanley
- PublisherW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication11/04/2014
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations, maps
- Weight1102 g
- Width216 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.77Trending at £4.82
- £30.47Trending at £50.51
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.20
- £7.25Trending at £10.86
- £5.09Trending at £5.55
- £7.81Trending at £10.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.