Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.96Trending at £18.19
- £21.69Trending at £24.78
- £4.34Trending at £4.44
- £23.93Trending at £24.42
- £8.01Trending at £12.13
- £9.09Trending at £9.24
- £5.52Trending at £6.63
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of 250 images showing locations around the world as they were and as they are now, with captions explaining the changes that have occurred in just a short amount of time. This title records the way in which our planet has changed in just the past one hundred years.
- Author BiographyFred Pearce has reported on science, environment and development issues from 64 countries over the past 15 years. Environment consultant of New Scientist magazine and a regular contributor to the Independent, Fred has also written reports and articles for WWF, the UN Environment Programme, the Red Cross, UNESCO, the World Bank, the Intermediate Technology Development Group, and the UK Environment Agency. His books have been translated into eight languages.
- Author(s)Fred Pearce
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication13/09/2007
- GenreEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Out-of-print date10/04/2013
- Content Note250 photographs and satellite images
- Weight1470 g
- Width228 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Foreword byZac Goldsmith
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,With dust jacket
Most relevant reviews
- missy954620 Jan, 2012by
Great book for young and old
Wonderful book. Beautiful pictures. Text explains why changes have occured in concise historical format.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.