All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Michael Carroll
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 62 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight453 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2017
- Table Of ContentsChapter One: A Place Like Home.- Chapter Two: Early Ideas and Lessons from Our Own Backyard.- Chapter Three: The Search for and Discovery of Exoplanets.- Chapter Four: Strange Solar System Architectures.- Chapter Five: Zeroing in on Earth 2.0 .- Chapter Six: Looking for Life in All the Right Places.- Chapter Seven: Could We Make Contact?.- Chapter Eight: Could We Visit Earths of Distant Suns?.- Chapter Nine: First Contact: What Will It Mean?.- Index.
- Author BiographyAuthor/artist Michael Carroll has spent decades as a science journalist and even longer as an astronomical artist. He received the AAS Division of Planetary Science's Jonathan Eberhart Award for the best planetary science feature article of 2012. He lectures extensively in concert with his various books, and has done invited talks at science museums, aerospace facilities, and NASA centers. He has written articles and books on topics ranging from space to archeology. His articles and art have appeared in TIME, National Geographic, Scientific American, Smithsonian, Popular Science, Astronomy, Sky and Telescope, Astronomy Now (UK), and a host of children's books and magazines. Among his twenty-some books are Springer's Living Among Giants: Exploring and Settling the Outer Solar System and his novel On the Shores of Titan's Farthest Sea for Springer's Science and Fiction series (2015). One of his paintings is on the surface of Mars-in digital form-aboard the Phoenix lander. Carroll is the 2006 recipient of the Lucien Rudaux Award for lifetime achievement in the Astronomical Arts. He is a Fellow and founding member of the International Association of Astronomical Artists.
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £25.97Trending at £27.25
- £82.97Trending at £88.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.07
- £23.65Trending at £25.96
- £22.21Trending at £24.17
- £14.61Trending at £22.88
- £16.56Trending at £20.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.