All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.37Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.34
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
- £6.88Trending at £7.06
About this product
- DescriptionBased on both theory and extensive empirical research, this book is compares culture and management styles in India, Japan, China and Western countries, and proposes a synthesis of West-dominated management technology with Eastern intuition and values.
- Author BiographyProf N. K. Singh had been a Management Advisor with UNDP Headquarters in New York and studied key issues in performance, including human resource development and institutional effectiveness in the Sub-Saharan countries. A report on Human Resources and Institutional development was prepared by him along with a team of Consultants from other UN agencies and has been published by UNDP. Earlier, as Management Advisor with International Civil Aviation organization (ICAO), he did research and consultancy during 1989-91 for the governments of Tanzania, Ethiopia and Malawi, besides work at ICAO Headquarters, Montreal. On UNDP project, he developed two management courses and taught MBA students at Bishkek International Business School, Kyrgyzstan. Prior to 1981, he worked in the public sector steel industry (SAIL) for two decades and was actively associated with productivity and management movement. As Chief Executive of All India Management Association (AIMA) from 1983 to 1985, he turned around the institution with record turnover. He was Chairman, Management Development Institute and Professor of organizational Behavior (1985-86). He is founder and former President of Foundation for Organisational research and Education (FORE), and its School of Management in Delhi. He also headed the Planning Commission of India's Task force on 'Self managed institutions for Integrated Development'. He is Founder- Advisor of Asian Airlines Association of Human Resource Development (AAHRD) and received a plaque of honor at Kuala Lumpur for his contribution to Human Resource Development. Prof. Singh was conferred Honorary Professorship by Morton Institute of Management, Brisbane, Australia. He had been Member of the Board and Professor at Brussels School of Management, Brussels for masters in Cross-cultural management. He has authored 12 books on management, three poetry books and an organizational novel, besides a number of research papers.
- Author(s)N. K. Singh
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication13/04/2014
- Series TitleManagement for Professionals
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note9 black & white tables, biography
- Weight290 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.