All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £12.31Trending at £13.95
- £11.95Trending at £16.93
- £3.82Trending at £3.88
- £10.32Trending at £18.93
- £9.52Trending at £12.87
- £9.99Trending at £14.99
- £10.29Trending at £19.98
About this product
- DescriptionBy comparing the simple skills employed by firefighters-climbing ladders and manipulating hoses-with the mundane technologies-maps and accounting charts-of insurers, the author demonstrates that the daily routines of both groups were instrumental in making intense urban and industrial expansion a less precarious endeavor.
- Author BiographyMark Tebeau, whose father was a fireman, is an associate professor of history at Cleveland State University.
- Author(s)Mark Tebeau
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication10/08/2012
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note29 Halftones, black and white; 2 Line drawings, black and white
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.