Ecclesiastical History of the English People: With Bede's Letter to Egbert and Cuthbert's Letter on the Death of Bede by the Venerable Saint Bede, David Dumville (Paperback, 1990)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £8.99Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery_specialist
- Est. delivery by 5 Dec
- £3.99+ £2.90 P&P
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by mrmagicbear
- See details for delivery est.
Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in AD 731, Bede's work opens with a background sketch of Roman Britain's geography and history. It goes on to tell of the kings and bishops, monks and nuns who helped to develop Anglo-Saxon government and religion during the crucial formative years of the English people. This title offers an English translation of a historical document.
- Author BiographyBede was born in 673. He became a monk at an early age and lived most of his life at Jarrow. Scholar, teacher and writer, he wrote biblical and other works. He has been described as the 'Father of English History'. Bede died in 735. Leo Sherley-Price is a Rural Dean and parish priest at Devon. He has translated a number of other historical and theological texts. D. H. Farmer is author and editor of several books on ecclesiastical and monastic history.
- Author(s)David Dumville,the Venerable Saint Bede
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/09/1990
- GenreChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight292 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byD. Farmer
- Translated byLeo Sherley-Price
Best-selling in History & Military
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.