All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.32Trending at £15.27
- £15.16Trending at £16.58
- £8.50Trending at £8.80
- £11.02Trending at £12.94
- £9.42Trending at £10.99
- £6.60Trending at £6.81
- £4.98Trending at £5.88
About this product
- DescriptionThis book looks at two aspects of Islamic activity in the Middle East and North Africa, the development of social capital and the provision of welfare services, within the context of economic liberalisation programmes to see whether the retrenchment of the state under liberalisation has created a space for Islamic-based activities.
- Author BiographyJANE HARRIGAN is Professor of Economics and Head of the Economics Department at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London, UK. She has studied at Oxford and Cambridge Universities and at Harvard and was previously a Senior Lecturer at Manchester University, UK. She is co-author of the two-volume book Aid and Power: The World Bank and Policy-Based Lending (with Paul Mosley and John Toye) and author of From Dictatorship to Democracy: Economic Policy in Malawi 1964-2000. She has written extensively on World Bank and IMF programmes in developing countries with a focus on both sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East and North Africa. She also works on issues concerning aid, agricultural policy and food security in sub-Saharan Africa. HAMED EL-SAID is a Reader in the Political Economy of the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) at the Manchester Metropolitan University Business School, UK. He was as a member of the Royal Scientific Society, then research arm of the office of His Royal Highness Prince Hassan bin Talal. He published intensively on MENA and is the co-editor of Management and International Business Issues in Jordan: The Potential of an Arab Singapore? (with Kip Becker). He is currently on secondment to the UN Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI), where he works as an Associate Expert on Radicalisation and Extremism.
- Author(s)Hamed El-Said,Jane Harrigan
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/02/2009
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight445 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.