All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £14.84Trending at £16.99
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.48Trending at £7.19
- £6.07Trending at £6.25
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.94Trending at £28.57
About this product
- Author(s)Jorg Huffschmid
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication08/09/2005
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight540 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2005 ed.
- Table Of ContentsList of Tables List of Figures List of Abbreviations Notes on the Contributors Introduction: The European Social Model: A Contested Concept PART I: CRITIQUE OF ECONOMIC POLICIES IN EUROPE European Integration (1974-2004): Towards a Neo-Liberal Zone Macroeconomic Policies: A Self-Defeating Regime The Drive for Financial Integration: Stability and Inclusion at Risk The Attack on the Public Sector The 'Modernisation' of Social Policy: A Critique of Pension Reforms Employment through Labour Market Flexibility? A Critical Appraisal of the European Employment Strategy Europe's Environment in a Bad Shape Structural Policies: Weak and Market Biased Agricultural Policy: The Need for Reform European Trade Policy: Weak and Too Liberal Enlargement: Not Enough Support for New Members Policy Co-ordination; Legitimate and Effective? PART II: PROPOSALS FOR ALTERNATIVES The European Social Model: Basis for a Strategy More Active Monetary and Exchange Rate Policies Fiscal Policies: Stronger Co-ordination and Higher EU-Budget Labour Market Policies: Higher Standards Taming European Finance: Stability, Efficiency and Inclusion A Strong and Democratic Public Sector A Secure Future for Pensions Pathways to a Sustainable Europe Structural Policies: Wider and More Ambitious Common Agricultural Policy: A New Governance Regime Trade Policy: Towards a New Concept of Fairness How to Get from Here to There? Index
- Author BiographyJORG HUFFSCHMID was Professor for Political Economy and Economic Policy at the University of Bremen, Germany. He was Visiting Professor at the New School, New York, USA. He specialized in financial markets and European integration. He was the Co-Founder and Co-ordinator of the network European Economists for an Alternative Economic Policy in Europe.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.