Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.32
- £24.31Trending at £34.91
- £9.41Trending at £16.95
- £9.53Trending at £14.94
- £7.60Trending at £9.97
- £18.98Trending at £29.93
- £7.60Trending at £8.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe bloody tale of Edgehill; the story of the first major clash of arms in the English Civil War, focusing on figures such as King Charles I, Prince Rupert, the Earl of Essex and Oliver Cromwell. The battle of Edgehill did not prove as decisive as anticipated resulting in a prolonged war.
- Author BiographyGraham Turner was born in Harrow in 1964, the son of the respected aviation artist Michael Turner with whom he shares an interest in motorsport illustration. A freelance artist since 1984. Graham specialises in historical and military subjects, particularly of teh medieval period, and has illustrated several Osprey titles including Campaign 44 'Pavia 1525', Men-at-Arms 310 German Medieval Armies 1000-1300' and Men-at-Arms 320 'Armies of the Caliphates 862-1098'. He lives with his wife and two children in Buckingharnshire. John Tincey and Keith Roberts are two of the most highy respected if English Civil War Historians. They have spent more than a decade studying the civil wars in the British Isles, and have published a number of books and articles on the subject.
- Author(s)John Tincey,Keith Roberts
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/02/2001
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey Campaign S.
- Series Part/Volume Number82
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note82 b&w and 7 colour illustrations, chronology, bibliography
- Weight362 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byDavid Chandler
- Illustrator(s)Graham Turner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.