Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £12.91Trending at £14.28
- £21.47Trending at £22.61
- £5.99Trending at £8.90
- £17.01Trending at £18.67
- £13.43Trending at £18.90
- £14.07Trending at £14.31
- £8.25Trending at £9.78
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive new edition clarifies current demographic data on immigration, addresses factors that influence linguistic transition and achievement, and explores evidence-based practices and policies.
- Author BiographyXue Lan Rong, a professor at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, is a first-generation immigrant whose native language is Chinese. As a classroom teacher, teacher educator, and educational sociologist, she has more than 25 years of teaching experience in public schools at various levels in the United States and China. She obtained her research experience via sociological, demographic, and pedagogical training. She has continually published in major sociological and educational journals and presented at national conferences on the topics of generation, race and ethnicity, national origins, gender, social class, and educational attainment and achievement of immigrant children since 1988, when she finished a dissertation on immigration and education at the University of Georgia. Judith Preissle, a professor at the University of Georgia, is a teacher educator and an educational anthropologist who brings a dual insider-outsider perspective to issues of education and immigration. She is a native-born citizen of the United States whose forebears arrived on the continent in the 18th and 19th centuries. She is also one of the many internal migrants of the 20th century, who grew up moving around the country and attending schools in six different states. Beginning her educational experience teaching social studies and language arts to 12-year-olds, she has worked at the University of Georgia since 1975, teaching the social foundations of education, qualitative research methods, and educational anthropology to an increasingly diverse population of graduates and undergraduates. She has published widely in these areas with special concentration on research design and ethics and on gender and minority education. She is a graduate of Indiana University.
- Author(s)Judith Preissle,Xue Lan Rong
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication16/11/2008
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight780 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.