All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.99Trending at £16.03
- £28.65Trending at £29.98
- £19.77Trending at £21.53
- £7.94Trending at £10.99
- £24.43Trending at £26.92
- £23.71Trending at £26.08
- £23.54Trending at £23.99
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 40 black & white halftones
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byCatherine Burke,Ken Jones
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction Catherine Burke and Ken Jones Part 1: The Sand Box of the City The City as Instructor. Pedagogical Avant-Garde and Urban Literacy in Germany Around World War I Hakan Forsell. The City in the Child: Colin Ward, Urban Becoming and the Shift to Experience Simon Sleight. The City as a Classroom and the Street Children of New Dehli, India Pallawi Sinha and Catherine Burke. On The Street Where You Live: Colin Ward and Environmental Education Ken Worpole Part 2: Adventures in Education Education for Participation Eileen Adams. 'A Parable of the Way Things Ought to Be': Colin Ward, the Peckham Health Centre and the Se-Schooling Movement Emily Charkin. 'Bringing Freedom to Education' - Colin Ward, Alex Bloom and the Possibility of Radical Democratic Schools Michael Fielding. Playful Voices in Participatory Design: Education can be a Creative Adventure... Rosie Parnell and Maria Patsarika Part 3: Reflections on Practice Playwork: The Anarchy Wing of Sociology Marc Armitage. Children, Self-Governance and Citizenship Roger Hart. Design for Urban Play as an Anarchist Parable: Trans-Atlantic Reflections Robin Moore. The photograph as 'Witness' Pat Thomson. Part 4: Mobilisations Inciting Desire, Ignoring Boundaries, and Making Space Myrna Margulies Breitbart. The Practice of Radical Education, from the Welfare State to the Neo-Liberal Order Ken Jones. Play as Protest: Clandestine Moments of Disturbance and Hope Stuart Lester. Reclaiming Children's Participation as an Empowering Social Process Barry Percy-Smith. Appendix: Articles by Colin Ward Published in the Bulletin of Environmental Education.
- Author BiographyCatherine Burke is Reader in History of Childhood and Education at the University of Cambridge, UK. Ken Jones is Professor of Education at Goldsmiths, University of London, UK.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.