Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.30Trending at £28.99
- £18.86Trending at £19.15
- £27.92Trending at £30.58
- £26.50Trending at £28.72
- £13.15Trending at £15.69
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £29.73
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2010
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Contemporary Asia Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byEdward Vickers,Marie Lall
- Table Of ContentsForeword Michael Apple. Introduction Marie Lall 1. Education, Identity and the Politics of Modern State Formation in Asia - A Comparative and Historical Perspective Edward Vickers 2. The Inescapability of Politics? Nationalism, Democratization and Social Order in Japanese Education Peter Cave 3. The Opportunity of China? Education, Patriotic Values and the Chinese State Edward Vickers 4. Education, Politics and the State in Hong Kong Paul Morris 5. 'Creating Good Citizens, or a Competitive Workforce, or Just Plain Political Socialisation?: Tensions in the Aims of Education in Singapore' Christine Han 6. Reverse! Now play fast forward : Education and the Politics of Change in Malaysia Elwyn Thomas 7. Doi moi, Education and Identity Formation in Contemporary Vietnam Matthieu Salomon and Vu Doan Ket 8. Globalization and the Fundamentalisation of Curricula; Lessons from India Marie Lall 9. Education Dilemmas in Pakistan - The Current Curriculum Reform Marie Lall 10. Non Piu Andrai: Bullets, Burqas, Books-Education Policy and its Discontents in Communist and Taleban Afghanistan Patrick Belton
- Author BiographyMarie Lall is Lecturer in Education Policy at the Institute of Education, University of London and an associate fellow on the Asia Programme at Chatham House. Her research focuses on the politics of South Asia, in particular India and Pakistan, and on education policy with regard to gender, race and social exclusion in South Asia. She also works on issues of political economy, geopolitics, foreign policy formulation in South Asia and diaspora politics. She is the author of India's Missed Opportunity (published by Ashgate) and the editor of The Geopolitics of Energy in South Asia (publishes by ISEAS, Singapore). Edward Vickers is Senior Lecturer in Comparative Education at the Institute of Education, University of London. His research publications to date have focused primarily on the relationship between history education and the politics of nationalism in China and East Asia. He is the author of In Search of An Identity: The Politics of History as a School Subject in Hong Kong, 1960s-2002, and editor of History Education and National Identity in East Asia (both published by Routledge).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.