Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £8.27Trending at £9.13
- £12.17Trending at £13.32
- £6.36Trending at £6.92
- £5.54Trending at £5.97
- £11.41Trending at £11.59
- £10.15Trending at £14.93
- £9.06Trending at £9.87
About this product
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Date of Publication07/08/2014
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleDisaster Risk Reduction
- Place of PublicationTokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 37 colour illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 6 colour tables, biography
- Weight469 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byRajib Shaw,Yukihiko Oikawa
- Table Of ContentsOverview of Concepts: Education for Sustainable Development and Disaster Risk Reduction.- Education for Sustainable Development: Trends and Practices.- Disaster Risk Reduction Education: Issues and Challenges.- Climate Change Education: Recent Trends and Future Prospects.- Disaster-affected schools and school districts after the East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami: Issues for recovery education.- Governance and Policy on ESD.- View on Education for Disaster and Recovery: Example of R.C.E. Greater Sendai.- Exchange and Sharing of Experiences of ESD-DRR: An International Workshop For Asian Youth.- ESD and Education for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) at Schools: Changes in DRR Education after Great East Japan Earthquake.- City Level Response: Linking ESD and DRR in Kesennuma.- Towards the Establishment of Sustainable Campus.
- Author BiographyRajib Shaw Rajib Shaw is a Professor in the Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies of Kyoto University, Japan. He worked closely with the local communities, NGOs, governments and international organization, including United Nations, especially in the Asian countries. He is currently the Chair of the United Nations Asia Regional Task Force for Urban Risk Reduction and the President of Asian University Network of Environment and Disaster Management (AUEDM). His research interests are: community based disaster risk management, climate change adaptation, urban risk management, and disaster and environmental education. He has published several books in the field of disaster and environmental management. He is also the Chief Editor of Asian Journal of Environment and Disaster Management. Yukihiko Oikawa Yukihiko Oikawa is a Researcher of Miyagi University of Education, an Associate Researcher of the University of Tokyo and Senior Advisor of SEEDS Asia, a Japanese non-profit organization. He was the former Deputy Director of Kesennuma City Board of Education. He has been promoting Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) over ten years at regional and national level, collaborating with local sectors, universities, Japanese government, NGO/NPO and international institution such as UNESCO, United Nation University (UNU) and Fulbright Fund. Since the East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami (EJET) in 2011, he has been contributing to educational recovery of post-disaster in Kesennuma City utilizing the network of ESD, and to improvement of DRR Education based on lessons of EJET and the concept of ESD.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.