All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.95Trending at £17.68
- £19.33Trending at £24.99
- £8.84Trending at £12.98
- £9.52Trending at £13.01
- £6.76Trending at £12.11
- £12.58Trending at £19.10
- £8.75Trending at £12.98
About this product
- DescriptionBook explores the post-Civil War creation of African American public schools in Richmond, Virginia and Mobile, Alabama. Urban African Americans and their partners redefined American citizenship, created essential educational resources, and ensured that children had access to a quality education taught by African American teachers at the turn-of-the-twentieth century.
- Author BiographyHilary Green is an Assistant Professor of History in the Department of Gender and Race Studies at the University of Alabama.
- Author(s)Hilary Green
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleReconstructing America
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.