All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by two PhDs in nuclear engineering, this book includes practical examples drawn from a working knowledge of physics concepts. You'll learn how to use the Python programming language to perform everything from collecting and analyzing data to building software and publishing your results.
- Author BiographyAnthony Scopatz is a computational physicist and long time Python developer, Anthony holds his BS in Physics from UC, Santa Barbara and a Ph.D. in Mechanical / Nuclear Engineering from UT Austin. A former Enthought employee, he spent his post-doctoral studies at the FLASH Center at the University of Chicago in the Astrophysics Department. He is currently a Staff Scientist at the University of Wisconsin-Maidson in Engineering Physics. Anthony's research interests revolve around essential physics modeling of the nuclear fuel cycle, and information theory & entropy. Anthony is proudly a fellow of the Python Software Foundation and has published and spoken at numerous conferences on a variety of science & software development topics. Kathryn Huff is a Nuclear Science and Security Consortium postdoctoral scholar at the University of California Berkeley. In 2013, she received her Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering from the University of Wisconsin Madison. She also holds a bachelor's degree in Physics from the University of Chicago. She has participated in varied research including experimental cosmological astrophysics, experimental non-equilibrium granular material phase dynamics, computational nuclear fuel cycle analysis, and computational reactor accident neutronics. At Wisconsin, she was a founder of The Hacker Within scienti c computing group and has been an instructor for Software Carpentry since 2011. Among other professional service, she is currently an executive officer in two professional divisions of the American Nuclear Society and in 2014 she will serve a second consecutive year as the Technical Program Co-Chair of the Scientic Computing with Python (SciPy) conference.
- Author(s)Anthony Scopatz,Kathryn D. Huff
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication26/06/2015
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight950 g
- Width179 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.92Trending at £24.99
- £26.30Trending at £26.46
- £28.79Trending at £30.88
- £56.98Trending at £59.81
- £20.30Trending at £26.57
- £35.88Trending at £49.22
- £23.85Trending at £31.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.