All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEffective Weight Loss presents 25 detailed sessions of an empirically supported, cognitive-behavioral treatment package called Acceptance-Based Behavioral Treatment (ABT).
- Author BiographyEvan Forman, PhD, is a Professor of Psychology at Drexel University and Co-Director of the Laboratory for Innovations in Health-Related Behavior Change. He also serves as Director of Graduate Studies and Chair of the Society for Clinical Psychology's Committee on Science and Practice and is Past-President of the Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association. He has been the lead investigator of several National Institute of Health-sponsored trials, including two comparing the effectiveness and processes of traditional cognitive therapy to newer acceptance-based behavior therapies. He also has been funded to examine the feasibility and effectiveness of smartphone and computerized neurocognitive training interventions for weight control. Meghan Butryn, PhD, is an Associate Research Professor of Psychology at Drexel University and Co-Director of the Laboratory for Innovations in Health-Related Behavior Change. Her research is funded by the National Institutes of Health and is designed to understand how behavior therapy for obesity can be modified to improve its long-term effectiveness.
- Author(s)Evan M. Forman,Meghan L. Butryn
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication09/08/2016
- GenrePsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTreatments That Work
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight532 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £24.00Trending at £33.03
- £47.13Trending at £53.98
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £44.82Trending at £49.50
- £21.48Trending at £23.38
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £37.23Trending at £62.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.