All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a key to Egypt in all its layers - ancient and modern, Greek and Roman, and Christian and Islamic. This title gives an account of history that followed - from Greek and Roman conquests, the rise of Christianity, Arab-Muslim triumph, and Egypt's incorporation into powerful Islamic empires to Napoleon's 1798 invasion.
- Author BiographyRobert L. Tignor is the Rosengarten Professor of Modern and Contemporary History, Emeritus, at Princeton University, where he taught for forty-six years and served as chair of the History Department for fourteen years. He is the author of several previous books on Egyptian history.
- Author(s)Robert L. Tignor
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication02/10/2011
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note25 color illus. 6 halftones. 2 maps.
- Weight595 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition StatementWith a New afterword by the author
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.11Trending at £14.49
- £8.47Trending at £14.98
- £15.01Trending at £16.87
- £13.77Trending at £19.98
- £31.44Trending at £52.14
- £11.27Trending at £18.04
- £12.58Trending at £19.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.