All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £8.84
- £11.29Trending at £12.34
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £5.54Trending at £5.67
- £19.38Trending at £29.99
- £7.98Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionAncient even to the ancients, Egypt was a great nation a thousand years before the Minoan civilization was established in Crete. It was viewed by the Greeks and Romans of 2,000 years ago with the same awe with which we view ancient Rome and Greece today.
- Author BiographyRobert Morkot studied ancient history at University College London, specializing in the Kingdom of Kush (present-day southern Egypt, Nubia and Sudan) at Humboldt University, Berlin. From 1987 to 1991 he was G. A. Wainwright Fellow in Near Eastern Archaeology at the University of Oxford. From 1992 to 1998 he was course director for the Ancient Nubia Summer School held first at the Institute of Archaeology, London University and later at Birkbeck College, London. He lectures on various aspects of Egypt and Nubia at a number of universities and other institutes, and since 1984 has been guest lecturer on over 20 tours of Egypt. He is author of The Penguin Historical Atlas of Ancient Greece (1996), The Black Pharaohs: Egypt's Nubian Rulers (Rubicon Press, 2000) and The Empires of Ancient Egypt (BBC 2001), and was coauthor of Centuries of Darkness (Jonathan Cape 1991 & Rutgers University Press 1993). He has written and reviewed for the archaeology magazine Minerva and contributes to a number of dictionaries and encyclopedias. Morkot currently lectures for the University of Exeter and is a member of the Committee of the Egypt Exploration Society.
- Author(s)Robert Morkot
- PublisherOdyssey Publications,Hong Kong
- Date of Publication15/05/2004
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleOdyssey Travel Guides S.
- Place of PublicationSheung Wan
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintOdyssey Publications,Hong Kong
- Out-of-print date22/09/2016
- Content Note92 colour photographs, 49 maps and plans
- Weight849 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.