Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £7.12Trending at £9.99
- £27.11Trending at £29.10
- £11.43Trending at £12.34
- £10.20Trending at £12.99
- £14.98Trending at £21.59
- £28.89Trending at £30.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book sheds light on the growing phenomenon of cyberactivism in the Arab world, with a special focus on the Egyptian political blogosphere and its role in paving the way to democratization and socio-political change in Egypt, which culminated in Egypt's historical popular revolution.
- Author BiographyMohammed el-Nawawy is professor of International Communication and Middle Eastern Studies in the Department of Political Science and Sociology at Queens University of Charlotte, USA. He is the author or coauthor of a number of books, including Islam dot Com: Contemporary Islamic Discourses in Cyberspace and Al-Jazeera: The story of the network that is rattling governments and redefining modern journalism. He is the founding and senior editor of the Journal of Middle East Media and serves on the editorial boards of several related journals. He is also a board member on the Arab-U.S. Association for Communication Educators.Sahar Khamis is associate professor in the Department of Communication in the Department of Maryland, College Park, USA. She is the former Head of the Mass Communication and Information Science Department in Qatar University. She is the co-author of Islam Dot Com: Contemporary Islamic Discourses in Cyberspace and has contributed chapters to several books including Women and Media in the Middle East: Power Through Self-Expression and New Media and the New Middle East. She is the recipient of a number of prestigious academic and professional awards and serves on several editorial boards for journals relating to Middle East media studies./>
- Author(s)Mohammed El-Nawawy,Sahar Khamis
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication22/05/2013
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleThe Palgrave Macmillan Series in International Political Communication
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteIX, 241 p.
- Weight445 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.