All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of parallel quotes shows how modern scientific and ancient Eastern thought reveal the same results, and touches on the essential nature of energy and matter, the relationship between subject and object, and the limits of language in understanding and describing reality.
- Author BiographyThomas J. McFarlane is an independent scholar of no mean stature in the words of eminent professor of religion and philosophy Huston Smith. His writings on science and religion have appeared in journals and conference proceedings, and he has given talks on the subject for over a decade. A graduate of Stanford University in physics, he also holds advanced degrees in mathematics and in philosophy and religion. In addition to his scholarly work, he has been immersed in the study and practice of the world's spiritual traditions for over 12 years. He lives in Eugene, Oregon. <p/>Wes Nisker, who penned the introduction, is also the author of two bestselling books: Buddha's Nature (Bantam) and the underground classic, Crazy Wisdom (Ten Speed Press). He has practiced Buddhist meditation for 30 years with various teachers in Asia and the West, and is the founder and editor of the bi-annual Buddhist journal Inquiring Mind. He teaches retreats and workshops on Buddhist meditation and philosophy at venues internationally, and is affiliated with Spirit Rock Meditation Center in Woodacre, California.
- PublisherUlysses Press
- Date of Publication20/12/2002
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUlysses Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight228 g
- Width127 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byThomas J. McFarlane
- Introduction byWes Nisker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementFirst Trade Paper Edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.