All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA play written by one of Germany's most celebrated contemporary playwrights. It received its world premiere at the prestigious Schaubuhne in Berlin.
- Author BiographyMarius Von Mayenburg studied mediaeval literature in Munich and Berlin, and from 1994 until 1998 playwriting at the Berlin University of the Arts. In 1998 he began a collaboration with Thomas Ostermeier at the Baracke at Deutsches Theater in Berlin and, from 1999, at Schaubuhne am Lehniner Platz, Berlin, where he is a Writer in Residence. He was awarded the Kleist Prize for young dramatists for his first play Fireface (1997), the Frankfurt Writer's Foundation Prize (1998) and was named 1999's up-and-coming writer by the magazine Theaterheute on the basis of its critics' poll. Since then, he has written several plays, such as Eldorado, Turista, The Ugly One, Perplexed and Martyr, amongst others. His plays have been translated into over 30 languages and performed both in Germany and abroad. Since 2009 Marius von Mayenburg has directed several plays at Schaubuhne Berlin, e.g. The Doves by David Gieselmann, and his own plays Perplexed and Martyr as well as the play Call Me God, a joint project by the authors Mayenburg, Gian Maria Cervo, Albert Ostermeier and Rafael Spregelburd, at Residenztheater in Munich. Alongside his activities as playwright, dramaturg and director, Mayenburg has worked as a translator for plays such as Thomas Ostermeier's Shakespeare productions of Hamlet (2008), Othello (2009) and Measure for Measure (2011). Marius von Mayenburg lives in Berlin. In August 2013, he directed his own translation of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing at Schaubuhne Berlin and in December 2013, his translation of Oscar Wilde's Bunbury at Residenztheater Munchen. Maya Zade was raised in Germany and Sweden and studied English literature at London University and at Queen's University in Canada. She worked on theatre productions at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London, and was Senior Reader at the Royal Court Theatre in London from 1997-99. She started working as a reader at Schaubuhne in 1999 and still continues her work as dramaturg. Her translations into German include works by Lars von Trier and Caryl Churchill, and she has translated works by Marius von Mayenburg, Roland Schimmelpfennig, Lars Noren and Falk Richter into English. At Schaubuhne Berlin, she has worked as a dramaturg with directors such as Thomas Ostermeier, Katie Mitchell, Volker Losch, Ivo van Hove, Luk Perceval and Benedict Andrews. In the 2013/2014, Maja Zade will be responsible for the dramaturgy of Marius von Mayenburg's production of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing at Schaubuhne Berlin.
- Author(s)Marius von Mayenburg
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight113 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Translated byMaja Zade
Best-selling in Poetry, Theatre & Scripts
Save on Poetry, Theatre & Scripts
- £15.60Trending at £18.82
- £7.12Trending at £8.95
- £6.50Trending at £8.71
- £7.58Trending at £9.99
- £7.16Trending at £9.99
- £11.43Trending at £15.17
- £9.19Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.