All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.42Trending at £5.51
- £10.54Trending at £10.86
- £14.90Trending at £15.06
- £19.59Trending at £26.31
- £9.14Trending at £9.52
- £13.65Trending at £14.10
- £12.17Trending at £13.78
About this product
- DescriptionHow does one become a bishop in the Catholic Church? This book provides an historical overview from the earliest times when bishops were elected by the clergy and people of the diocese to the time they were appointed by the pope. In light of the clergy sexual abuse scandal, it argues to resume the role for the laity in selection of bishops.
- Author BiographyJoseph F. O'Callaghan is professor emeritus in the department of history at Fordham University. He is past president of the American Catholic Historical Association and is the author of several books, notably Reconquest and Crusade in Medieval Spain and Alfonso X and the Cantigas de Santa Maria: A Poetic Biography.
- Author(s)Joseph O'Callaghan
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication14/03/2007
- GenreChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.