All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Mohamed A. El-Sharkawi
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication19/10/2012
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePower Electronics and Applications Series
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note530 black & white illustrations, 17 black & white tables
- Weight1451 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsHistory of Power Systems Thomas A. Edison (1847-1931) Nikola Tesla (1856-1943) Battle of AC versus DC Today's Power Systems Basic Components of Power Systems Power Plants Transformers Transmission Lines Distribution Lines Conductors Substations Control Centers Worldwide Standards for Household Voltage and Frequency Energy Resources Fossil Fuel Nuclear Fuel Power Plants Hydroelectric Power Plants Fossil Fuel Power Plants Nuclear Power Plants Environmental Impact of Power Plants Environmental Concerns Related to Fossil Fuel Power Plants Environmental Concerns Related to Hydroelectric Power Plants Environmental Concerns Related to Nuclear Power Plants Renewable Energy Solar Energy Wind Energy Hydrokinetic Systems Geothermal Energy Biomass Energy Fuel Cell Intermittency of Renewable Systems Energy Storage Systems Alternating Current Circuits Alternating Current Waveform Root Mean Square Phase Shift Concept of Phasors Complex Number Analysis Complex Impedance Electric Power Electric Energy Three-Phase Systems Generation of Three-Phase Voltages Connections of Three-Phase Circuits Power Calculations of Balanced Three-Phase Circuits Electric Safety Electric Shock Ground Resistance Touch and Step Potentials Electric Safety at Home Low Frequency Magnetic Field and Its Health Effects Power Electronics Power Electronic Devices Solid-State Switching Circuits Transformers Theory of Operation Multi-Winding Transformer Autotransformer Three-Phase Transformer Actual Transformer Electric Machines Rotating Magnetic Field Rotating Induction Motor Linear Induction Motor Induction Generator Synchronous Generator Synchronous Motor Direct Current Motor Stepper Motor Single-Phase Motors Power Quality Voltage Problems Harmonic Problems Power Grid and Blackouts Topology of Power Systems Analysis of Power Networks Electric Energy Demand Trading Electric Energy World Wide Web of Power Anatomy of Blackouts Blackout Scenarios Future Power Systems Smart Grid Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles Alternative Resources Less Polluting Power Plants Distributed Generation Power Electronics Enhanced Reliability Intelligent Operation, Maintenance, and Training Space Power Plants Appendix A: Units and Symbols Appendix B: Conversions Appendix C: Key Parameters Appendix D: Inductors Appendix E: Key Integrals Index Chapters include exercises.
- Author BiographyMohamed A. El-Sharkawi is a fellow of the IEEE and a professor of electrical engineering in the energy area at the University of Washington. He has published more than 250 papers and holds five licensed patents in the area of renewable energy VAR management and minimum arc sequential circuit breaker switching. For more information, please visit Professor El-Sharkawi's website at the University of Washington.
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.24Trending at £4.97
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £10.97Trending at £13.47
- £3.80Trending at £4.52
- £4.93Trending at £8.97
- £14.60Trending at £18.95
- £4.20Trending at £4.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.