CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.76
- £14.86Trending at £17.00
- £24.99Trending at £42.65
- £6.10Trending at £6.27
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £11.71Trending at £12.90
- £23.44Trending at £39.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a pioneering book about the use of ECT in adolescents who are diagnosed with severe, disabling psychiatric disorders or fail conventional treatment. Included are a review of the literature, firsthand experience of the authors and case descriptions making it an invaluable guide to treatment.
- Author BiographyNeera Ghaziuddin, MD, MRCPsych is Associate Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor, appointed to the Faculty in 1992. She directs the Treatment Resistant Disorder clinic and trains future generations of child psychiatrists about the use of electroconvulsive therapy in youth. She has published extensively about ECT and adolescent mood disorders. She is the primary author of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Practice Parameters for the use of ECT, published in 2004. In 2002 she received the ECT Investigator Award for the paper titled, The use of electroconvulsive therapy in minors: experience, attitudes of child psychiatrists and psychologists. Garry Walter MD, PhD is Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Sydney and Clinical Director of Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services in Northern Sydney Local Health District, Australia. He is also Adjunct Professor at Dalhousie University, Canada. A child and adolescent psychiatrist, in 2002 he completed a doctorate on ECT in young people. He is the long-standing Editor of Australasian Psychiatry, International Editor-at-Large of the Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and a member of several other Editorial Boards, including for over a decade the Journal of ECT. He has published over 300 papers and received many prestigious research prizes, including for his studies on ECT, other psychiatric treatments and stigma. In 2012 he was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia by the country's Governor-General for service to medicine in the fields of adolescent mental health, medical education and publishing.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight580 g
- Width164 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byGarry Walter,Neera Ghaziuddin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.