Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.42Trending at £5.52
- £19.59Trending at £26.35
- £14.90Trending at £17.00
- £9.26Trending at £9.53
- £13.78Trending at £14.12
- £28.54Trending at £30.26
- £7.69Trending at £7.76
About this product
- Author(s)L. A. Sorin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/12/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight402 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1973
- Table Of ContentsOne. Paramagnetic Ions of Transition Elements.- 1. Paramagnetism of incomplete electronic shells.- 2. Level splitting of free paramagnetic ions. The Zeeman effect.- 3. Level splitting of free atoms in an external electric field. The Stark effect.- Two. Levels of Paramagnetic Ions in Crystal Lattices and Magnetic Fields.- 1. Macroscopic description of crystal systems. Symmetry of crystals.- 2. Symmetry point groups.- 3. Representations of groups.- 4. Group-theoretical classification of levels in fields of various symmetries.- 5. Application of the interaction Hamiltonian to the calculation of initial splitting.- 6. Paramagnetic ions in crystal fields. Splitting of energy levels.- 7. Qualitative picture of level splitting in a static magnetic field.- 8. Application of spin Hamiltonians. Angular dependence of EPR spectra.- Three. Electron Paramagnetic Resonance.- 1. Phenomenological treatment of EPR.- 2. Dynamic theory of paramagnetic resonance.- Four. EPR Line Shapes and line Widths.- 1. Dipole-dipole interactions.- 2. Exchange interactions.- 3. Application of the method of moments to analysis of EPR line shapes.- Five. Relaxation Processes in Paramagnetic Crystals.- 1. Spin-lattice relaxation.- 2. Relaxation associated with spin-spin interactions.- 3. Multiple cross-relaxation transitions and harmonic cross-relaxation.- 4. Level population changes due to cross-relaxation processes.- 5. Spin-lattice relaxation of ions of the 4f-and 3d-transition groups.- Six. Paramagnetic Single Crystals as Active Elements in Quantum Paramagnetic Amplifiers (QPA).- 1. Operating principles of QPA.- 2. Requirements from paramagnetic crystals in QPA.- 3. Formation of local symmetry centers in the synthesis of paramagnetic single crystals.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.