All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on recent developments in the sociology of punishment and crime control, this book develops a critical criminology perspective on electronic monitoring in selective countries around the world.
- Author BiographyMike Nellis is Emeritus Professor of Criminal and Community Justice in the School of Law, University of Strathclyde, UK. He was formerly a social worker with young offenders, has a PhD from the Institute of Criminology in Cambridge, and was involved in the training of probation officers at the University of Birmingham. He has written widely on the fortunes of the probation service, alternatives to imprisonment and particularly the electronic monitoring of offenders. Kristel Beyens is Professor of Penology and Criminology at the Criminology Department of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium. She has published on prison overcrowding, sentencing and the implementation of prison sentences and sentences in the community, such as electronic monitoring and community service. She is a member of the editorial board of the European Journal of Probation and of the European Working Group on Community Sanctions. Dan Kaminski is Professor at the UCLouvain (University of Louvain-la-Neuve), Belgium, and President of the CRID&P (Interdisciplinary Research Centre on Deviance and Penality). He holds a PhD in Criminology and has published on managerialism, penal treatment of drug use, prisoners' rights, alternatives to prison and electronic monitoring.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/03/2014
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 12 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byDan Kaminski,Kristel Beyens,Mike Nellis,Ralph Bas
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £17.24Trending at £25.11
- £12.88Trending at £16.22
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £23.75Trending at £35.00
- £10.09Trending at £12.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.