All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £21.79Trending at £22.10
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- Author(s)Aslak Tveito,Bjorn Frederik Nielsen,Hans Petter Langtangen,Xing Cai
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication07/11/2012
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleTexts in Computational Science and Engineering
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note86 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight730 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Table Of ContentsComputing Integrals.- Differential Equations: The First Steps.- Systems of Ordinary Differential Equations.- Nonlinear Algebraic Equations.- The Method of Least Squares.- About Scientific Software.- The Diffusion Equation.- Analysis of the Diffusion Equation.- Parameter Estimation and Inverse Problems. - A Glimpse of Parallel Computing.- Index.
- Author BiographyProfessor Aslak Tveito is the managing director of Simula Research Laboratory. His research is focused on computing the electrical activity in the heart. Tveito is the co-author of more than 60 papers published in international peer-reviewed journals, and one textbook introducing partial differential equations. Tveito has also edited four books published internationally. Professor Hans Petter Langtangen is the director of Center for Biomedical Computing, a Norwegian Center of Excellence at Simula Research Laboratory, and a professor of computer science at the University of Oslo. His research concerns numerical methods and software tools for continuum mechanical problems. Langtangen has published more than 40 journal papers, and more than 50 peer-reviewed contributions to conference proceedings and books. He is the author of three textbooks and an a co-editor of three books. Langtangen has been an active developer of open source and commercial software systems for computational sciences. He is a member of the European Academy of Sciences and serves on the editorial board of five leading international journals. Dr. Nielsen is a research scientist at Simula Research Laboratory where he investigates whether it is possible to compute the position and size of heart infarctions from ECG recordings. He has published a number of papers on computational mathematics and during his years at Norwegian Computing Center he solved many scientific computing problems for the Norwegian oil industry. The research interests of Professor Xing Cai center around parallel numerical methods and software for solving partial differential equations. He has more than 50 peer-reviewed publications in international journals and conference proceedings.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.