All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCovers seven stories including Errand , in which the author imagines the death of Chekhov, a writer whom the author hugely admired and to whose work his own was often compared.
- Author BiographyRaymond Carver was born in Clatskanie, Oregon, in 1938. His father was a saw-mill worker and his mother was a waitress and clerk. He married early and for years writing had to come second to earning a living for his young family. Despite, small-press publication, it was not until Will You Please Be Quiet Please? appeared in 1976 that his work began to reach a wider audience. This was the year in which he gave up alcohol, which had contributed to the collapse of his marriage. In 1977 he met the writer Tess Gallagher, with whom he shared the last eleven years of his life. During this prolific period he wrote three collections of stories, What We Talk About When We Talk About Love, Cathedral and Elephant. Fires, a collection of essays, poems and stories, appeared in 1985, followed by three further collections of poetry. In 1988 he completed the poetry collection A New Path to the Waterfall.
- Author(s)Raymond Carver
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVintage Classics
- Weight96 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £10.97Trending at £13.47
- £10.44Trending at £13.47
- £9.52Trending at £11.99
- £6.75Trending at £8.98
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £6.48Trending at £7.94
- £6.93Trending at £8.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.