All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscusses social structure and the way of life behind Elizabethan and Jacobean architecture, the ferment of excitement aroused in English patrons and craftsmen as they learnt about the classic Five Orders and the buildings of Ancient Rome from publications and engravings, and architectural drawings which survive from the period.
- Author BiographyFreelance architectural historian and writer, and identified in many minds with the best writing and scholarship on Egnlish architecture. Author of numerous Yale books.
- Author(s)Mark Girouard
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication25/09/2009
- Series TitleThe Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note150 b-w + 150 color illus.
- Weight3379 g
- Width255 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine46 mm
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £35.52Trending at £37.98
- £27.38Trending at £35.55
- £5.98Trending at £6.75
- £13.99Trending at £15.26
- £17.54Trending at £18.54
- £19.99Trending at £30.00
- £11.31Trending at £12.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.