All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £23.77Was:£31.99Free postage
- £23.37Was:£31.99Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionLooking to port Android to other platforms such as embedded devices? This hands-on book shows you how Android works and how you can adapt it to fit your needs. You'll delve into Android's architecture and learn how to navigate its source code, modify its various components, and create your own version of Android for your particular device.
- Author BiographyKarim Yaghmour is the founder and president of Opersys Inc. (http://www.opersys.com), a company providing expertise and courses on the use of open source and free software in embedded systems. Being himself an active member of the open source and free software community, Karim has firmly established Opersys's services around the core values of knowledge sharing and technical quality promoted by this community. As part of his community involvement, Karim is the maintainer of the Linux Trace Toolkit and the author of a series of white-papers that led to the implementation of the Adeos nanokernel, which allows multiple operating systems to exist side-by-side. Karim's quest for understanding how things work started at a very young age when he took it upon himself to break open all the radios and cassette players he could lay his hands on in order to fix them. Very early, he developed a keen interest in operating system internals and embedded systems. He now holds a B.Eng. and an M.A.Sc. from the cole Polytechnique de Montral. While everyone was hacking away at Linux, Karim even took a detour to write his own distributed micro-kernel in order to get to the bottom of operating system design and implementation. When not working on software, Karim indulges in his passion for history, philosophy, sociology, and humanities in general. He's especially addicted to essays and novels by Umberto Eco and Gerald Messadi.
- Author(s)Karim Yaghmour
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication02/04/2013
- GenreComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £26.62Trending at £27.50
- £6.67Trending at £7.00
- £16.50Trending at £21.01
- £18.04Trending at £19.94
- £14.33Trending at £23.13
- £32.08Trending at £33.84
- £23.56Trending at £26.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.