All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike all health professionals, speech and language therapists(SLTs) need to keep themselves up-to-date with the researchevidence base that is relevant to their field of practice and beable to show how this contributes to their clinicaldecision-making.
- Author BiographyDr Hazel Roddam is an experienced speech and languagetherapist, having worked in the field of paediatric special needsand AAC in the UK for over 25 years. Her PhD investigated thefactors that influence the use of research in speech and languagetherapy. Since 2006 Hazel has worked at The University of CentralLancashire in the north-west of England, where she supervisesresearch students across the allied health professions. Herresearch interests continue to focus on professional issuesincluding promoting evidence-based practice, evaluating the impactof new roles, new ways of working and skill mix in therapy teams. <p>Dr Jemma Skeat is a speech pathologist and researcher.Her clinical background is in assessment, diagnosis and earlyintervention for children with speech and language disorders,including children with multiple and complex needs. Her PhDexplored issues around the implementation and use of outcomemeasures by clinical speech pathologists, and her current researchinterests include evidence-based practice and outcome measurementin paediatric clinical services, and the use of services byfamilies of children with speech and language needs. She currentlyholds an Australian National Health and Medical Research CouncilPostdoctoral Fellowship at the Murdoch Children's ResearchInstitute in Melbourne, Australia.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/03/2010
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byHazel Roddam,Jemma Skeat
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £137.64Trending at £151.99
- £25.99Trending at £26.29
- £42.34Trending at £45.99
- £39.38Trending at £45.89
- £21.88Trending at £27.59
- £10.33Trending at £11.39
- £12.24Trending at £16.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.