All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmbodied Fantasies: From Awe to Artifice is a compilation of twenty-one essays on the subject of fantasy as it relates to art history, philosophy and the visual arts.
- Author BiographySuzanne Anker is a visual artist and theorist working at the nexus of art and the biological sciences. Her work has been shown both nationally and internationally in museums and galleries including the Walker Art Center, the Smithsonian Institute, the Phillips Collection, P.S.1 Museum, the JP Getty Museum, and the Museum of Modern Art in Japan. Her seminal text The Molecular Gaze: Art in the Genetic Age (co-authored with the late Dorothy Nelkin) was published in 2004. She is the Chair of the Fine Arts Department of School of Visual Arts in New York since 2005. Sabine Flach is Professor for Contemporary Art and Art Theory (visiting) at School of Visual Arts in New York. Her current research focuses on Epistemology and Methodology of Contemporary Art; Praxis and Theory of Contemporary Art; Aisthesis and Media of Embodiment; Epistemology and Aesthetics of Visual Thinking; Emotions and Culture of the Senses; Knowledge of the Arts; Art and Art Theories of the 19th and 20th Centuries; Concepts of Nature.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleArt - Knowledge - Theory
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note96, 28 (s/w) / 68 (col.)
- Weight650 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edited bySabine Flach,Suzanne Anker
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.33Trending at £23.93
- £66.16Trending at £92.94
- £9.68Trending at £10.07
- £14.25Trending at £15.00
- £16.59Trending at £25.32
- £22.22Trending at £23.53
- £10.38Trending at £10.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.