All listings for this product
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £23.09Trending at £23.73
- £9.86Trending at £10.10
- £7.64Trending at £8.32
- £10.03Trending at £15.45
- £15.29Trending at £18.11
- £17.30Trending at £21.59
- £12.06Trending at £12.21
About this product
- DescriptionEmbodied Selves and Divided Minds examines how research in embodied cognition and enactivism can contribute to our understanding of the nature of self-consciousness, the metaphysics of personal identity, and the disruptions to self-awareness that occur in case of psychopathology.
- Author BiographyMichelle Maiese is Associate Professor of Philosophy at Emmanuel College in Boston, Massachusetts. She earned her B.A. in Philosophy and English Literature from Northwestern University and her Ph.D. in Philosophy from the University of Colorado, Boulder. Maiese's research focuses on issues in philosophy of mind, philosophy of psychiatry, and the emotions. In particular, she is interested in embodied cognition, enactivism, the integration of emotion and cognition, and the nature of psychopathology. Her previous books include Embodied Minds in Action (co-authored with Robert Hanna, 2009) and Embodiment, Emotion and Cognition (2011).
- Author(s)Michelle Maiese
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleInternational Perspectives in Philosophy & Psychiatry
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight480 g
- Width171 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.