All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £25.67Trending at £27.18
- £134.20Trending at £159.99
- £7.27Trending at £7.69
- £43.13Trending at £46.00
- £56.66Trending at £59.85
- £39.38Trending at £45.90
- £8.20Trending at £8.87
About this product
- DescriptionEmerging Drugs and Targets for Alzheimer's Disease collects some of the most outstanding examples of new drugs currently in pharmaceutical development or new targets under the validation process that will reach the Alzheimer's drug market over the next few years as disease modifying drugs.
- Author BiographyAna Martinez obtained her PhD in Organic Chemistry from the Complutense University of Madrid before becoming a researcher at the Medicinal Chemistry Institute of the Spanish National Council for Research (CSIC). Since 1995, her interests have focused on neurodegenerative disorders and she has led numerous research projects on the medicinal chemistry and rational drug design with the aim of finding new treatments for Alzheimer's disease. In February 2002, she joined NeuroPharma (now NOSCIRA) as R&D Director where she led projects from the discovery of potential new therapies to the final proof of concept in animal models. In February 2008, she returned to her academic position at the Medicinal Chemistry Institute (CSIC) leading several projects on neurodegenerative disease therapies and acting as an external scientific advisor to a number of pharmaceutical companies. Her main areas of research currently involve GSK-3 inhibitors and dual binding site acetylcholinesterase inhibitors. She has authored over a hundred and fifty scientific publications and has more than twenty active patents in the field.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleDrug Discovery
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight634 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAna Martinez
- Series Edited byDavid E. Thurston
- Contained items statementContains 1 Hardback
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.