CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.71
- £14.98Trending at £16.68
- £12.98Trending at £13.64
- £15.91Trending at £19.99
- £13.02Trending at £20.00
- £2.81Trending at £3.96
- £10.99Trending at £12.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a scholarly tribute to Fackenheim's memory. It covers a wide spectrum of Fackenheim's work including biographical, philosophical, and theological aspects of his thought that have not been addressed adequately in the past. Elie Wiesel, a close personal friend to Fackenheim for over 30 years, has provided the Foreword for the volume.
- Author BiographySharon Portnoff, Ph.D. (2005) in Jewish Philosophy, Jewish Theological Seminary, is currently Visiting Assistant Professor of Religious Studies at Pomona College. She has delivered papers on Primo Levi, Dante, Louis Zukofsky and Emil L. Fackenheim, and her poems have appeared in Midstream and Chants. She is currently working on a book, tentatively titled The Interface of Fiction and Reality: Primo Levi's Use of Dante's Inferno in Se questo e un uomo. James A. Diamond, Ph.D. (1999) in Philosophy, University of Toronto, LL.M. (1979), New York University School of Law, is the Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Chair of Jewish Studies and Director of the Friedberg Genizah Project, at the University of Waterloo, Ontario. His publications include Maimonides and the Hermeneutics of Concealment, (winner of Canadian Jewish Book Award, 2002), Converts, Heretics and Lepers: Maimonides and the Outsider, and articles in such journals as AJS Review, Jewish History, Jewish Quarterly Review, Jewish Studies Quarterly, The Journal of Jewish Thought and Philosophy, Medieval Philosophy and Theology, Philosophy and Literature and Vetus Testamentum. Martin D. Yaffe, Ph.D. (1968) in Philosophy, Claremont Graduate University, is Professor of Philosophy and Religion Studies at University of North Texas. He is the author of Shylock and the Jewish Question and Judaism and Environmental Ethics: A Reader, co-translator of Aquinas' Literal Exposition on the Book of Job and translator of Spinoza's Theologico-Political Treatise, the philosophical founding-document of both modern biblical criticism and modern liberal democracy. He is currently completing a translation from the German of Leo Strauss's essays on Moses Mendelssohn, originally contained in the Jubilee Edition of Mendelssohn's works (1929ff.), of which Strauss was a co-editor.
- Date of Publication13/12/2007
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleSupplements to the Journal of Jewish Thought and Philosophy
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight729 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byJames A. Diamond,Martin D. Yaffe,Sharon Portnoff
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.