All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQuick-witted, beautiful, headstrong and rich, Emma Woodhouse is inordinately fond of matchmaking. Yet the irony is that she is oblivious to the question of who she herself might marry. Through this comedy of sentimental education, she discovers a capacity for love and marriage.
- Author BiographyJane Austen was born in 1775 in rural Hampshire, the daughter of an affluent village rector who encouraged her in her artistic pursuits. Jane remained in the vicinity of her childhood home for much of her life. As such it was through family and friends that she learned most of her considerable understanding of manners and relationships. In novels such as Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park and Emma she developed her subtle analysis of contemporary life through depictions of the middle-classes in small towns. Her sharp wit and incisive portraits of ordinary people have given her novels enduring popularity. She died in 1817.
- PrizesShort-listed for BBC Big Read Top 100 2003.
- Author(s)Jane Austen
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Collector's Library
- Out-of-print date25/06/2016
- Weight309 g
- Width102 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £38.30Trending at £51.99
- £4.99Trending at £7.99
- £4.15Trending at £4.45
- £6.41Trending at £6.98
- £3.99Trending at £5.50
- £4.95Trending at £6.98
- £4.00Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.