All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
About this product
- Author(s)Dana LaCourse Munteanu
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication14/02/2013
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight397 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments List of Contributors Introduction: Emotion in Literature: Genre and Gender, Dana LaCourse Munteanu 1. Veiling Grief on the Tragic Stage, Douglas L. Cairns 2. Cowardice and Gender in the Iliad and Greek Tragedy, Jessica Wissmann 3. Women's Emotions in New Comedy, Dorota Dutsch and David Konstan 4. Comic Emotions: Shamelessness and Envy (Schadenfreude); Moderate Emotion, Dana LaCourse Munteanu 5. Helen as Vixen, Helen as Victim: Remorse and the Opacity of Female Desire, Laurel Fulkerson 6. Emotions in Ecphrasis and Art Criticism, Evelyne Prioux 7. One Wife, One Love: Coniugalis Amor, Grief and Masculinity in Statius' Silvae, Anna McCullough 8. Absit Malignus Interpres: Martial's Preface to Book One of the Epigrams and the Construction of Audience Response, Peter J. Anderson 9. De Bello Civili 2.326-91: Cato Gets Married, Margaret Graver 10. Engendering Reception: Joseph Brodsky's 'Dido and Aeneas', Zara Martirosova Torlone Index
- Author BiographyDana Munteanu is Assistant Professor of Classics, Ohio State University, USA. She is author of Tragic Pathos. Pity and Fear in Greek Philosophy and Tragedy (2012).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.