All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHelps you to learn how to create more realistic and believable characters for video games using AI programming techniques. This book shows you how to model human personality, mood, and emotion into your video game characters.
- Author BiographyDr. Erik Vick holds an M.S.C.S (UCF, 1998) and a Ph.D. in Modeling and Simulation specialized in Artificial Intelligence (UCF, 2005) and has extensive experience in artificial characters and game design, including a stint at Electronic Arts as a technical game designer, artificial intelligence researcher, and software engineer. Dr. Vick is an Assistant Professor in the Information Technology Department's Game Design and Development program at the Rochester Institute of Technology. He also served at the Chief Technical Officer for an international software company focused on mobile devices. He taught Computer Science at UCF from 1998 to 2000, and Digital Media Faculty from 2001 to 2004 and 2005 to 2007. Dr. Vick is the author of Emotion Notions: Modeling Personality in Game AI (Course Technology PTR).
- Author(s)Erik Vick
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Out-of-print date25/05/2017
- Weight1280 g
- Width188 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Contained items statementContains 1 Paperback and 1 CD-ROM
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £21.79Trending at £23.78
- £15.72Trending at £17.39
- £18.66Trending at £18.97
- £15.72Trending at £16.03
- £26.73Trending at £40.08
- £16.77Trending at £26.99
- £17.29Trending at £17.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.