Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £4.99Trending at £5.27
- £20.99Trending at £22.49
- £30.68Trending at £40.73
About this product
- DescriptionEmpire, Colony, Postcolony provides a clear exposition of the historical, political and ideological dimensions of colonialism, imperialism, and postcolonialism, with clear explanations of these categories, which relate their histories to contemporary political issues. The book analyzes major concepts and explains the meaning of key terms.
- Author BiographyRobert JC Young, FBA, is Julius Silver Professor of English and Comparative Literature at New York University. His writing ranges across the fields of cultural and political history, literature, philosophy, photography, psychoanalysis and translation studies, with a particular focus on colonial history and postcolonial theory. His publications include White Mythologies: Writing History and the West (1990), Colonial Desire: Hybridity in Culture, Theory and Race (1995), Postcolonialism: An Historical Introduction (Wiley, 2001), Postcolonialism: A Very Short Introduction (2003), and The Idea of English Ethnicity (Wiley, 2008). He is the editor of Interventions: International Journal of Postcolonial Studies.
- Author(s)Robert J. C. Young
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/11/2013
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight418 g
- Width162 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.