Empire's Proxy: American Literature and U.S. Imperialism in the Philippines by Meg Wesling (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £27.15Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- £20.90Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by cmedia_group
- Est. delivery by 26 Oct
All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.79Trending at £11.96
- £11.95Trending at £17.68
- £19.33Trending at £25.20
- £9.52Trending at £13.01
- £6.76Trending at £12.11
- £12.58Trending at £19.11
- £14.54Trending at £20.36
About this product
- DescriptionIn the late nineteenth century, American teachers descended on the Philippines. This book argues that the ideological work of colonial dominance figured into the emerging field of American literature, and that the consolidation of a canon of American literature was intertwined with the administrative and intellectual tasks of colonial management.
- Author BiographyMeg Wesling is Associate Professor of Literature at the University of California, San Diego.
- Author(s)Meg Wesling
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication11/04/2011
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleAmerican Literatures Initiative
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.