Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.66Trending at £14.93
- £9.50Trending at £16.92
- £7.68Trending at £9.98
- £11.79Trending at £16.92
- £7.92Trending at £14.12
- £9.68Trending at £13.09
- £9.99Trending at £10.93
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a study of colonial intelligence services to use declassified reports. This book argues that colonial control in the British and French empires depended on an elaborate security apparatus. It shows the crucial role of intelligence gathering in maintaining imperial control in the years before decolonization.
- Author BiographyMartin Thomas is Reader in Colonial History at the University of Exeter. He is the author of The French Empire at War (1998), The French North African Crisis (2000), and The French Empire between the Wars. Imperialism, Politics, and Society (2005).
- Author(s)Martin Thomas
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication09/10/2007
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Out-of-print date13/01/2017
- Content Note11 b/w photographs, 4 maps
- Weight503 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.