All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book considers the potential areas for creative interaction between psychodrama and other therapeutic schools with the aim of elaborating and enriching the therapist's professional practice. Each chapter presents a different model of integration, alongside a case study to illustrate its successful application in practice.
- Author BiographyPaul Holmes is a child and adolescent psychiatrist who has also trained as an adult psychoanalytic psychotherapist and a psychodrama psychotherapist. He was the first Chair of the British Psychodrama Association and was awarded their Life Time Achievement Award. He is also a Fellow of the American Association of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama and has received their David Kipper Scholar's Award. Mark Farrall, PhD, is a chartered forensic psychologist and qualified psychodramatist. He is Director of Ignition, an independent agency providing specialist training and consultancy in the areas of motivational interviewing and domestic abuse work, and has developed several intervention programmes which feature the safe and effective use of psychodramatic techniques by non-therapists. Dr Farrall has also worked with Geese Theatre Company UK, where drama and theatre is central to the rehabilitation of offenders. He is currently Course Leader at the University of Worcester for the dissertation module of the UK's first MSc level qualification in psychodrama psychotherapy. Kate Kirk, PhD, is an experienced UKCP accredited psychodrama psychotherapist, researcher and trainer, with experience in the public, private and third sectors. She works in child and adolescent mental health as a psychodramatist psychotherapist and has a special interest in Paediatric Liaison and young people with Asperger's Syndrome. She also has extensive experience working with adult and child patients with life threatening and terminal illness, their families and carers. She is currently Chairperson of the British Psychodrama Association.
- Author(s)Kate Kirk
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight431 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMark Farrall,Paul Holmes
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.37Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.34
- £9.81Trending at £12.44
- £6.88Trending at £7.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.