All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.06
- £9.08Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- Author(s)Charles Zastrow
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2016
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1179 g
- Width210 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement12th edition
- Table Of ContentsPart I: INTRODUCTION: SOCIAL WELFARE AND SOCIAL WORK. 1. Social Welfare: Its Business, History, and Future. 2. Social Work as a Profession and a Career. 3. Generalist Social Work Practice. Part II: SOCIAL PROBLEMS AND SOCIAL SERVICES. 4. Poverty and Public Welfare. 5. Emotional/Behavioral Problems and Counseling. 6. Family Problems and Services to Families. 7. Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, and Services to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) Individuals. 8. Drug Abuse and Drug Treatment Programs. 9. Crime, Juvenile Delinquency, and Correctional Services. 10. Problems in Education and School Social Work. 11. Work-Related Problems and Social Work in the Workplace. 12. Racism, Ethnocentrism, and Strategies for Advancing Social and Economic Justice. 13. Sexism and Efforts for Achieving Equality. 14. Aging and Gerontological Services. 15. Health Problems and Medical Social Services. 16. Physical and Mental Disabilities and Rehabilitation. 17. Overpopulation, Misuse of the Environment, and Family Planning.
- Author BiographyCharles Zastrow, MSW, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus in Social Work at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, where he chaired the Social Work Department for six years. He has also been the Assistant Director and Professor in the Social Work Program at George Williams College in Williams Bay, Wisconsin. A Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of Wisconsin, Dr. Zastrow has worked as a practitioner for various agencies, chaired social work accreditation site visit teams for the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), and served on the Commission on Accreditation of CSWE. He also was a member of the BPD board. A leader in social work education and a bestselling author, Dr. Zastrow has written more than 45 articles in professional journals as well as nine books, including four other textbooks: THE PRACTICE OF SOCIAL WORK, SOCIAL WORK WITH GROUPS, SOCIAL PROBLEMS: ISSUES AND SOLUTIONS, and UNDERSTANDING HUMAN BEHAVIOR AND THE SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT (with Dr. Karen Kirst-Ashman).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.