All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.58Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £6.79Trending at £10.85
- £5.09Trending at £5.54
- £19.03Trending at £19.62
- £7.00Trending at £8.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will help students make sense of empowerment and participation; concepts which are key in youth and community work today.
- Author BiographyAnnette is programme director for Youth and Community Work, in the Department of Social Sciences at the University of Hull where she teaches undergraduates and postgraduates. Her research interests are in gender and equalities where she has published extensively/par1/Annette has extensive experience of working with community and voluntary sector organisations particularly those engaged in delivering support services to vulnerable young people. Her current research reflects this experience and focuses upon current issues in youth work, in particular, policies directed at social exclusion and notions of young people's resilience Max Hope is a Lecturer in Education and Social Inclusion at the University of Hull. She has extensive grassroots experience in the community and voluntary sector, including young people's projects, HIV organisations and women's centres. She has a keen interest in democracy and participation and in particular, about how the leadership and management of organisations can enhance these processes. Keith Russell is the coordinator at The Warren, a voluntary youth project in Hull, UK. Charlie Cooper is a professionally-qualified housing practitioner and youth worker. In the 1970s and 1980s he largely worked in the community and voluntary sector with Women's Aid and community-based housing associations. Since the 1990s he has worked in higher education, teaching and researching in the areas of housing, tenant participation, education, social policy, and community and youth work.
- Author(s)Annette Fitzsimons,Charlie Cooper,Keith Russell,Max Hope
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication20/09/2011
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEmpowering Youth and Community Work Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.