CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.46
- £9.24Trending at £10.97
- £26.45Trending at £27.74
- £19.99Trending at £22.62
- £30.79Trending at £34.30
- £10.89Trending at £13.11
- £18.40Trending at £19.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly readable account demonstrates how a comprehensive process for social change harnesses the energy of a community and scales it up with a rising number of participants becoming invested in increasingly high-quality work.
- Author BiographyDaniel C. Taylor, EdD, holds an endowed professorship of Equity & Empowerment at the Future Generations Graduate School. He is co-founder of The Mountain Institute as well as the seven Future Generations organizations around the world. He is also senior associate at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. He has been knighted by the King of Nepal, was made the first honorary professor of quantitative ecology by the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and decorated with the Order of the Golden Arc by Prince Bernhard of The Netherlands. The late Carl E. Taylor, MD, DrPH, was founding chair of the Department of International Health at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. He also served as UNICEF Representative to China and Country Director for Future Generations Afghanistan. He co-authored the policy paper for the 1978 International Conference on Primary Health Care in Alma Ata. Many of his scientific discoveries were foundational for the Child Survival Revolution that has dramatically lowered child mortality around the world. He was the recipient of numerous honorary doctorates and awards. Jesse O. Taylor, PhD, received his doctorate from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He has written articles on a variety of topics relating to environmentalism and culture, empire, and aesthetic representations of pollution and climate change, and is currently Visiting Assistant Professor and American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) New Faculty Fellow at the University of Maryland-College Park.
- Author(s)Carl E. Taylor,Daniel C. Taylor,Jesse O. Taylor
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication17/11/2011
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note24 line-cuts and 32 half-tones
- Weight522 g
- Width163 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.