CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £8.27Trending at £9.13
- £12.17Trending at £13.32
- £6.36Trending at £6.92
- £5.54Trending at £5.97
- £11.41Trending at £11.59
- £10.15Trending at £14.93
- £9.06Trending at £9.87
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays by leading scholars provides a new assessment of Althusser's thought in its totality, particularly in relation to contemporary theoretical debates.
- Author BiographyKatja Diefenbach is Advising Researcher in the Theory Department, Jan van Eyck Academie, Maastricht. She has taught at the University of Arts, Berlin and Humboldt University. Recent publications include texts on post-structuralism and post-workerism in Inventionen, I. Lorey et al. eds. (Diaphanes 2011), Becoming Major, Becoming Minor, V. Brito et al. eds (JVE 2011). Sara R. Farris is a sociologist and political theorist. She is the author of numerous articles on sociological and political theory, international migrations and gender studies and of monographs and edited volumes including Politics Enchanted. Religion, Subjectivity and Nationalism in Max Weber (Brill 2012) and co-editor of La Straniera. Informazioni, sito-bibliografie e ragionamenti su razzismo e sessismo (Alegre 2009). She is a member of the Editorial Board of Critical Sociology. Gal Kirn is Research Fellow at the Institute of Cultural Inquiry, Berlin, Germany. He is a co-editor of Yugoslav Black Wave Cinema and Its Transgressive Moments (JVE 2012), editor of Postfordism and its discontents (JVE, B-Books and Mirovni Institut 2010) and co-editor of New public spaces. Dissensual Political and Artistic Practices in the Post-Yugoslav Context (JVE and Moderna Galerija 2009). He participates in the Workers'-Punks' University. Peter D. Thomas is Lecturer in the History of Political Thought at Brunel University, London. His publications include: The Gramscian Moment (Brill 2009); the translation of Antonio Negri's Goodbye Mr Socialism, (Seven Stories 2008), (with A. Toscano) Alain Badiou and Slavoj Zizek's, Philosophy in the Present (Polity 2009) and (with S. R. Farris) Mario Tronti's The Autonomy of the Political (2012). He serves on the editorial board of Historical Materialism.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight708 g
- Edited byDr. Gal Kim,Katja Diefenbach,Peter Thomas,Sara R. Farris
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.