Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £13.50Trending at £13.99
- £8.13Trending at £9.74
- £25.45Trending at £26.00
- £26.30Trending at £27.78
- £17.99Trending at £19.66
- £7.47Trending at £8.16
- £8.23Trending at £11.98
About this product
- DescriptionBrings together the research from across a range of disciplines which contribute to our knowledge of Ancient Greek. This title is suitable for scholars and students of Greek, of linguistics, and of other Indo-European languages, as well as of Biblical literature.
- Author BiographyGeorgios K. Giannakis (Ph.D. 1992, UCLA) studied Classics at the University of Ioannina (B.A. 1977), General Linguistics at the University of Chicago (1979-81) and Historical/Comparative and Indo-European Linguistics at the University of California, Los Angeles (C.Phil. 1988, Ph.D. 1992). He is the author of the books: Studies in the syntax and the semantics of the reduplicated presents of Homeric Greek and Indo-European (Innsbruck 1997), The Indo-Europeans. Part I: Language and culture (Athens 2005), Historical linguistics and philology (Thessaloniki 2011), and numerous articles in historical and comparative linguistics and culture; he has also prepared Greek editions of A.L. Sihler's New comparative grammar of Greek and Latin (Athens 2009), M.L. West's Indo-European poetry and myth (Thessaloniki 2013), and edited a number of collective works, among them Ancient Macedonia: Language, history, culture (Thessaloniki 2012).
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight4649 g
- Width180 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine145 mm
- Edited byGeorgios K. Giannakis
- Contained items statement3 Hardbacks
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.